Monday, March 16, 2009

FOLLOW UP: Bad Movie Night: Watchmen

In it's second week in the box office, Watchmen was beat out by Race to Witch Mountain, it's sales falling by approximately 67% to about $18.1 million in it's second weekend (source).

This has prompted a small wager between me and my esteemed friend over at Soulkerfuffle. I believe that Watchmen will eventually cover it's production cost (~ $150 million) through ticket sales while SK claims it will lose money in the theaters. LastBestAngryMan will act as the fair and impartial judge.

My reasoning is that pretty much absolute garbage is slated for release over the next few weeks and Watchmen can potentially cling on in theaters. That said, it's still almost three hours long and dropping like a rock.

We'll see!!!

2 Comments:

At March 16, 2009 at 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wagers have stakes. What are yours?

 
At March 16, 2009 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Andy said...

$2. If I win I am investing it in a Ewe Boll tax shelter movie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home